Saturday, February 20, 2010

5 Month Update

This month has been an interesting month in Parker's development. He was very sick the whole month of November. After some encouragment from my Grandma and parents, I called the Dr. again regarding Parker's congestion and cough. He was not getting better, and he sounded terrible. I was able to get him and appointment and brought him in. The Dr. first started talking to me about milk allergies and told me that I may need to cut dairy out of my diet. She then listened to his breathing and his lungs. She said forget what I said about allergies because he has Bronchialitis. She had us do a breathing treatment that lasted about 20 minutes. He did such an amazing job and sat in my lap without making a peep. The Dr. came back in to see if the treatment helped. It did help clear him up which confirmed her diagnosis. The next week he seemed to continue to improve. We are so grateful to have our little man feeling better. He didn't look or sound well for so long that almost forgot what normal was for him.

After his breathing treatment, we noticed considerable increases in his noise making. He started talking and babbling much more. He still doesn't talk as much as most babies, but that is ok. He is still serious and sober, but Chase is always able to make him laugh. They love each other very much.

He is VERY attached to me. He has started to cry when other people try to hold him. This is something new because Chase was not clingy as a baby. We have a special bond, and I am enjoying the baby snuggles while they last. All too soon, he will be more interested in playing than sitting in my lap.

He has started something new. We let him play with a protein bar while he was in his carseat one day. I needed to eat it, so I went to give him a different toy and take the protein bar away. He did not like that at all! He was very upset and started to cry. This was the first time that I saw him really have an opinion about something like that. It was almost comical :)

He is sleeping pretty well. We pretty much let him play for about 1.5-2 hours and then put him down for a nap. He still goes to bed between 6 and 7 PM. He is wakes up 2-3 times per night to eat. He sleeps until 8 or 9 in the morning. This is so nice. Chase and I are able to get up and get ready. We are then ready for Mr. P to wake up and play.

We celebrated his first Thanksgiving with lots of family. Everyone came to our house and brought the food. We had a nice day that included lots of snuggling with the newest addition to the family. We are looking forward to celebrating his first Christmas as well. The holidays are so fun!

Here are some quick bits of info about P for this month:

*He moved up to size 3 diapers
*He is still wearing 9 month clothes with a few 12 month and 12-18 months clothes
*He weighed 17 lbs. at his last appt on 11/22
*He wakes up at least 2 time per night and sometimes 3 to eat
*He is still eating 8-10 times per day

No comments: