Thursday, August 29, 2013

Heaven

Last week my dear Aunt Karen lost her battle with cancer and she is now with her Lord. She was diagnosed on February 6th of this year, and it was a hard, painful fight. We are told in God’s Word that there is no more pain or tears in Heaven. That is so comforting.

However, I am really struggling with imagining her in Heaven. In so many ways Heaven is unknown. We aren’t told that much in Scripture about what to expect. I think my fallen nature is not allowing me to fully appreciate the fact that being in the Lord’s presence brings unending peace, joy, and happiness. I can read it and know it in my head, but I just have no idea what that will be like. I am asking the Lord to build my faith in this area to know that He who has given me so many good gifts on this fallen earth is the same God who sits in Heaven. Heaven must be marvelous!

In so many ways I have been spared from deep grief and sorrow. God has been abundant in blessings to me. This is the first family member that I have lost. We don’t mourn without hope. Nevertheless, she is gone. I loved her deeply and it hurts to have her ripped away from us. I can’t imagine the pain of losing someone without hope. The Lord is by our side and especially with Karen’s dear husband and children. May God continue to pour out His presence upon them.

There is a season

2 comments:

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

Praying for you right now, sister. Last week was the 1 year anniversary of the loss of my brother-in-law to cancer. He passed 3 months after the diagnosis at 38, leaving 2 small kids and my sister-in-law behind. The only comfort is knowing He has a plan, it is perfect, and He uses all things for good.

The Abe Green Family said...

Thanks, Tegan. The loss of your brother-in-law is so heartbreaking. I appreciate the perspective and encouragment.