Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Talk, Talk, Talk!

Yesterday, my mom made the comment that she doesn’t think she has ever met a more talkative child than Chase. After thinking about it for a minute, I agreed with her. I told her we should have known something was up when he was holding full on conversations at 18 months. I am truly grateful that he has been blessed with the ability to communicate. After hearing about some children that struggle to talk and develop in that area, I know I should only be thankful. However, while Chase is awake he literally does not stop talking. He wants to have constant communication. It can get wearing on my nerves. It leaves very little room to think.

He loves to talk about everything from our daily plans, cars, movies (especially Star Wars and Toy Story), and other topics. We have some very interesting conversations. He asks hard questions that really get me thinking. He is very interested in spiritual things. He often talks about God and Biblical concepts. I am so grateful that he shows an interest in these things. He loves to pray! I love to hear him. He is so sincere. Hopefully, as he grows and matures his love of communicating will develop into a very active prayer life. He is on his way :)

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Stef said...

haha! so cute. Ethan was this way, very much so. Began speaking very clear and making total sense by 11 month old. I can tell you, it does slow down as they get older. Then you find that you miss it :(
He still talks a lot, but not nearly as much as he used to.

I can't believe Chase is 4!