Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Goals

*Grow Closer to the Lord I really want to focus on joy this year. I have so much to be joyful about, but often times  I let my sin or circumstances rob me of joy. I look forward to growing in knowledge of God and His Will for my life. It really does amaze me that the Creator of the universe wants me to have a personal relationship with Him. Very basic, but AMAZING.

*Invest in my marriage I have been pregnant for about half of my marriage. Our kids have been the focus of our time and energy. In many ways, we have not put the time and the effort into our marriage that is necessary. Abe and I LOVE being together. He really is my best friend. I look forward to viewing him more in this light rather than my partner in parenting Smile We hope to go on a few more dates and we are working on weight loss and fitness together.

*Run a Half Marathon Abe and I hope to run our 3rd half marathon this April. We are looking forward to training together. My goal is to run it under 2 hours. I will be happy with 1:59:59!

*Potty train Parker Our goal is to have Parker potty trained around the time he turns 3 in July.

*Plant our first garden Abe and I want to do a garden this year. We are eating a lot more veggies, and it would be nice to gather them out of our own garden.

*Stick to a budget and save money We started using a Envelope Method App to track our spending. We started in October. It has been super helpful and we have been successful. I hope to continue with this and be more financially responsible.

*Meet new people and be more hospitable Meeting new people is somewhat nerve-wracking to me. Kind of silly, but I get a little embarrassed for some reason. I want to get over myself and be more outgoing. We also want to work on having more people into our home especially those that we have never had over.

No comments: