Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Take On Monogram Art

I am a minimalist when it comes to decorations in my house. I don’t go out and buy lots of knick-knack type things. If I put something up in my house, it usually has some sort of meaning. I love pictures and keepsakes (things from our childhoods, our kids’ keepsakes, etc.) I am very sentimental, so I love ways to display things from our past and our lives. I saw this idea on this blog.

I thought it was a great idea, but I didn’t like the idea of finding some random magazine article. I think somewhere in the comment section someone talked about making their own using Microsoft Word and text boxes. I knew I could figure it out, and I loved that I could choose my own wording. I tried to think of what wording I could use. It came to me. My husband and I love hymns. He sings them to our children every night when they go to bed (swoon-he is an AWESOME dad Smile). Why not use a hymn that starts with a G-word. Here is my result.

IMG_0116[1]

I created it using Microsoft Word and then turned it into a JPEG file. I have since found an easier way using Microsoft Publisher. I had it printed at Wal-Mart and popped it in a frame. I have plans of giving one as a wedding gift.

A decoration with special meaning to our family!

No comments: