Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some things I want to remember

My kids are young. They are needy, whiny, naughty, very active, and pretty much all-consuming. Every day there are mountains to climb all day. It is hard to take care of them. Keeping track of their eating, safety, laundry, playing with them, educating them, teaching them about the things of God, disciplining them is exhausting.

However, the cute little things they do and say in a day are so rewarding and special. It keeps me going. It is so special to see how God designed them so differently and individually. It is fun to see them interact with one another.

It is amazing to me how much I don’t remember about when the kids were younger. I have a pretty good memory, but I am forgetting things. It makes me kind of sad. I want to be more deliberate about writing things down. I want to remember this really special, exhausting time of life. It really is so short! People say I will miss it. Right now I don’t feel like I will miss a lot of it, but they are probably correct.

Some things I want to remember:

  • when Maggie and Parker get hurt, they immediately look for their blankies and run to be held
  • Chase loves to count money
  • Parker likes to have wooden gun with him when he watches Swiss Family Robinsons
  • Helping me clean the fingerprints off the windows is a real treat. They like to spray the Windex.
  • Maggie loves to smash her nose up against the shower door and smile. It shows her top 2 teeth and she looks like Mater from Cars
  • The boys love for us too lay in bed with them at night and listen to music. They fight over who gets to lay with them.
  • Maggie shows us her nose by crinkling and sniffing. Hilarious!
  • Watering the plants and trees in the backyard is a huge treat
  • They love chocolate milk
  • Everything is a treasure-a rock, a nuts and bolts found on the ground, old soda bottles, etc.
  • Chase loves to sort things by color or size
  • Parker loves to change his clothes (I don’t think this is cute now, but someday I might Smile)
  • Maggie gives kisses and makes the “muah” sound. Abe takes her on the kissing tour at night where she gives each family member a kiss.
  • The boys like to watch the same movie over and over.
  • The boys like to wear just shorts and no shirts.
  • Parker pronounces”th” as an “s” sound. Think sounds like “sink.”
  • The boys think imaginary friends are called “ordinary” friends.
  • Maggie loves to look at pictures.

I am sure there are more, but that is what I can remember now. My life is so blessed, even though my attitudes and thoughts don’t always show that. Thank you Lord!

Mother's Day Pic

Me and my loves!

No comments: